KITCHENS I BATHROOMS I INTERIORS
What is the TK Design process
- Consultation: Consider this your introduction to TK Design! Our first meeting will take place either on site or at the TKD studio, providing a perfect chance for us to get to know you and ensure we are a good fit to work together. We discuss ideas, the scope of work and establish a thorough understanding of your requirements. Communication is the key!
- Design Proposal: Based on the consultation we will formulate a fixed fee design proposal for your perusal. This will outline every detail of the design process with no obligation!
- Design Brief: Once you are ready to proceed, we will meet again to discuss the finer details of your plans. Questions, suggestions and ideas are welcomed in abundance! Make sure you have your wish list at the ready including anything you’ve found on Pinterest, Houzz or Instagram as we work together to bring your inspirations to life!
- Concept plans: Exciting times ahead! Concept ideas are presented next at the TKD studio. Plans, elevations, 3D images, and mood boards are utilised to showcase your design. Material samples and finishes may also be used at this stage to give you a better visual idea of the direction of your project.
- Finishing touches: From here we perfect your plans and finalise selections. While your plans are detailed and documented, we will remain available to assist with the numerous decisions that may be required regarding appliances, sanitary ware, lighting etc.
- Tender: Plans are now ready to send out for tender. TKD can introduce you to the most suitable trades to complete your project and ultimately turn your design into a reality!
What does it cost
Your first meeting with TK Design will take place at the TKD studio or on site, and will cost $286.00 plus gst within the Adelaide metro area. We are happy to provide service outside of the metro area and can discuss options with you.
A detailed fixed fee design proposal will be provided to you, based on the time estimated to complete the project. If any work is required outside the scope of the proposal an hourly rate design fee will be charged. Alternatively, you may prefer to work on an hourly rate fee if the project scope is unknown.
How long does the design process take
The design process can vary depending on the complexity and size of the project. On average, the planning of a renovation or new home build can take between 1-3 months. Once a builder or cabinet maker has been appointed, the construction can then take anywhere from 2 months. Within 4 months from your first meeting with TKD, you could be standing in your completed project; a glass of bubbles in hand!
What services to you provide
TKD take pride in our customer commitment and we arrange a wide range of services including:
- Design brief on site or at TK Design studio
- Mood boards or digital presentation
- Concept design presentation at TK Design studio
- Re-designs as required with presentations at TK Design studio
- Full plan & elevation drawings on paper and in PDF form
- 3D colour renders
- Documentation of selections
- Documentation for scope of works
- Specification of joinery accessories
- Specification of colours and finishes
- Finishes board or digital presentation
- Samples of finishes
- Lighting plans and selections
- Plumbing and electrical plans
- Appliance selections
- Sanitary ware selections
- Tile selections
- Flooring selections
- Joinery quotes or referrals
- Trade quotes or referrals
- Project management
- Site visits as required
- Liaising with builder/ trades as required
- Introduction to interior designer for full builders’ selections, soft furnishings etc
What about design revisions
Your project will be as unique and tailored as you need it to be, which is why we include two revisions to your concept plans in your design fee.
What areas do you service
TKD are based in Adelaide and regularly service metro and country areas. We love to travel however, and have yet to find a project that is too far!
When will I receive a copy of my plans
Plans are discussed at face to face meetings and provided to you on completion.
Can you manage my entire project from start to finish
TKD love nothing more than to oversee an entire project where possible. We can take you through planning, costing and construction and guide you every step of the way. Already have structural plans? No problem! We will work with your architect or building designer to ensure a seamless result.